The sound board operator is responsible for running the sound board for the shows: controlling microphones of actors and the orchestra and running sound cues.. Some basic sound knowledge is preferred but can be taught depending on the show.
The sound board operator is needed for all of the technical rehearsals and all performances. Technical rehearsals usually start the Sunday before the show opens.
The Sound Board Operator:
• Usually assists with the load in and setup of sound equipment
• Label microphones to the corresponding actor
• Put batteries in microphones
• Make sure actors and orchestra have adequate monitor levels
• Perform microphone checks to insure microphones are working before show
• Blending actor and orchestra microphones together during show for balance
• Powering down equipment after technical rehearsals and performances
• Recharge batteries after shows
• Run sound cues during the show
January brings three great opportunities to come to see a show at ECCT! There is something for everyone with a literary classic, a laugh-out-loud mystery, and a princess party!