The scenic construction crew assembles stock set pieces and builds new pieces as needed for each production. Crew should be able to comfortably work with a variety of hand tools and power tools, and be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Those with creative painting skills then transform the pieces for the stage.
Crew Leaders work with the Production Manager to ensure that all the scenic elements are completed in a timely manner so the set can be painted and finished before load-in day. Tech nights for construction and painting are Mondays and Tuesdays, usually from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
• Puts together existing set pieces for a scenic design and preps them for painters
• Builds new set pieces/furniture for a scenic design
• Helps organize and maintain the materials used in the workshop
• Helps with the load-in and strike of scenery for a production
• Assists the Prop Master with construction/modification
of special props
• Preps scenic pieces for painting/finishing, including
• Work with the Production Manager on the overall look of the show, select paint colors and painting techniques
• Paint all scenic pieces and help with finish painting following load in
A terrible thing happened to Junie B.: someone took her new black furry mittens! So when she finds a wonderful pen, she should be allowed to keep it, right? See this modern classic on stage September 29-30 and October 1, 7-8 at The Oxford.