The prop crew collects or creates all the small items that performers carry with them onstage. Props also include small scenic pieces and decorations that finish the look of the set. The crew pulls pieces from stock that performers can use during the rehearsal process and provides the finished prop pieces on or before load-in day.
Prop crew volunteers should be able to work with basic hand tools (scissors, staplers, hot glue, hammer, screwdrivers, etc.) and be ready to help the crew search for needed items in the community (thrift shopping, asking people to borrow items, etc.). Work
is completed throughout the production schedule and is very flexible. Specific tasks that use the workshop can be done during tech nights on most Monday or Tuesday evenings, or as arranged with the Prop Master or Production Manager.
• Pulls props from storage, returns props to storage, and helps keep storage tidy
• Builds & paints props, as needed, for a production
• Rebuilds/refinishes existing props to adapt them for a
• Finds resources in the community where props may be borrowed from
• Decorates the set after load-in
The timeless enchantment of this magical fairy tale comes to life on stage at the RCU Theatre March 15-17.
Join ECCT for Rodgers & Hammerstein's classic take on this heartwarming story, perfect for audiences of all ages!