The Orchestra Conductor conducts the pit orchestra or combo for an ECCT musical production. This person should have a background or experience in instrumental music and classroom or practical experience in conducting.
Orchestra rehearsals for musicals generally start 4 weeks before a performance and are usually held at ECCT. Rehearsals are often held on Sunday nights, but the conductor sets the dates and number of rehearsals based on the complexity of the music and the schedules of the instrumentalists. The cast joins the orchestra on the Sunday night prior to tech week to sing through the show. The orchestra and conductor then join the cast at the performance venue starting the Sunday of tech week through the closing performance, usually an 8-day commitment.
The Orchestra Conductor:
• Secures the players for the pit
• Sets the rehearsal schedule and secures the rehearsal
• Secures any necessary instruments not supplied by players- such as auxiliary percussion
• Leads all orchestra rehearsals
• Conducts the orchestra during dress rehearsals & shows
The timeless enchantment of this magical fairy tale comes to life on stage at the RCU Theatre March 15-17.
Join ECCT for Rodgers & Hammerstein's classic take on this heartwarming story, perfect for audiences of all ages!