Signed in as:
Signed in as:
The Orchestra Conductor conducts the pit orchestra or combo for an ECCT musical production. This person should have a background or experience in instrumental music and classroom or practical experience in conducting.
Orchestra rehearsals for musicals generally start 4 weeks before a performance and are usually held at ECCT. Rehearsals are often held on Sunday nights, but the conductor sets the dates and number of rehearsals based on the complexity of the music and the schedules of the instrumentalists. The cast joins the orchestra on the Sunday night prior to tech week to sing through the show. The orchestra and conductor then join the cast at the performance venue starting the Sunday of tech week through the closing performance, usually an 8-day commitment.
The Orchestra Conductor:
• Secures the players for the pit
• Sets the rehearsal schedule and secures the rehearsal
• Secures any necessary instruments not supplied by players- such as auxiliary percussion
• Leads all orchestra rehearsals
• Conducts the orchestra during dress rehearsals & shows
A meek floral shop assistant discovers an odd plant. Little does he know that the strange and unusual plant will change not only his life, but the fate of the world. See this smash-hit musical, March 16-19, at The Oxford Theatre.